Tuesday 31 December 2013

My month in numbers ~ December x

And so it is the final Month in numbers count for 2013. I have had so much fun joining in with Julie on her monthly meme. It has certainly made me think about things which have happened in the month in a totally new way.

So without further ado, here is a selection of numerical novelties which I enjoyed this month.

Firstly, the communal count................



a. in my humble opinion there are never too many good Christmas movies but I do have some which I just cannot watch at anytime of the year let alone Christmas. Now I am prepared to be shouted down but my two absolute horrors are ''The Wizard of Oz'' basically because I love the Wicked Witch and so think she should have won, and ''Gone with the Wind'' which although not a Christmas film seems to be shown every Christmas and is the longest and most awful film I have ever watched. OK now you can all shout at me in horror that I could commit such sacrilege. However, these are my fave Christmas films in no order of preference...........

  • Elf
  • A Muppet Christmas Carol
  • White Christmas
  • Meet me in St Louis (yes it does have Judy Garland and although not a Christmas film has one of the most beautiful Christmas songs in it)
  • Miracle on 34th Street (original and remake)
  • The Box of Delights  ok it's a TV series but it is lovely)
  • It's  Wonderful Life.


b. I went to 5 Christmas events primarily church activities. I went to 1 carol service in the cathedral and I ask any of you to not cry when a group of 5-7 year olds sing ''Little Jesus sweetly sleep do not stir'' at the top of their voices, 1 christingle service which was perfect, 1 crib service where I got to be an angel complete with tinsel halo, 1 scrapbooking event where we had loads of yummy food, Secret Santa and music oh yes and some scrapbooking and finally I met my friend Teresa at a wonderful gluten free place in Dorset.

One of the biggest numbers this month was 48 which thankfully was not the number of candles my family made me blow out on my birthday cake, but was the age I turned on Christmas Eve. I had a lovely day where I ended up with 10 glittery nails after a manicure present from my sister, and a new class for 2014 to boost my Project Life capabilities next year.

I also had 2 viruses, one at the beginning of the month and one right now. Lovely!

I had 20 birthday cards with lots having cats on them, I wonder why?

I watched Dr Who number 11 regenerate into number 12 so that means I have seen 10 Dr Whos regenerate in my life so far, wow. The first one I remember was Jon Pertwee.



I sent 40 Christmas cards, some via post others by hand and the stamps were alot more expensive than last year. I received several cards from abroad and have saved the stamps for my journal, which I am slowly catching up on.

I managed to write 134 posts this year so despite the illhealth stuff I don't think that's too bad going.
And my final book reading tally was 59.



So now I wish you all a very happy and healthy New Year and a very, very bloggy 2014. I will try to blog more than 134 in 2014.

Best wishes from me to you all and thank you all for reading, commenting and I hope enjoying this blog in 2013.


2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna do a month in numbers soon too! This is so inspiring! Thx for sharing! Happy New Year Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job keeping up with MMIN. I've only managed to do it once or twice.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by. It is always a pleasure to read the comments I receive and to meet new friends. I try and reply to comments on friend's blogs as much as possible. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and look forward to seeing you here again soon. Love Jo xxx