Saturday 9 May 2015

One photo, 20 words x


Is it really that time already? Don't the days seem to be flying by?

Today being the 9th is the day for One photo, 20 words, Abi from Creating Paper Dreams meme.




"Dandelion - the rustic oracle; its flowers always open about 5am and shut at 8pm, serving the shepherd for a clock." 

Source: Folkard (448. 309), from "The Child and Childhood in Folk-Thought," by Alexander F. Chamberlain


It continually amazes me, how much I remember the games and rhymes from my childhood. Blowing the seeds off the dandelion head was such a fun thing to do, and I do it to this day, 49 years young or not! That link back to childhood and, I suppose, innocence is what keeps us rooted to our personal histories and aren't we always recalling those as a part of memory keeping?


Go look at some of the other beautiful photographs on Abi's blog.

10 comments:

  1. And I didn't even know that fact!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that fact either. We used to just blow and count until all the flowers came off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching my children pick and blow the clocks. They say they release fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo and yet another who didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo. My shepherdess daughter could resort to that method when she forgets her watch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! this is so lovely Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photo, Jo - I can feel the softness from here. I didn't know this piece of lore ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Dandylions, I know so many people see them as weeds - I think our neighbour despairs with us as he is constantly treating his lawn but we just let them be :) Fabulous photo!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by. It is always a pleasure to read the comments I receive and to meet new friends. I try and reply to comments on friend's blogs as much as possible. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and look forward to seeing you here again soon. Love Jo xxx